Thursday 1 October 2009

Night boat / Day bike

So I spent two days at the Chumpon Palm Resort, which was absolutely gorgeous at first apperance. AND was only costing me 4 quid a night for my own room. And there's where the second glance kicked in. There were 4 guests in a massive place. One thai guy from the island i'm heading to next (currently on Ko Tao, next Samui) and then me and a 59 year old English guy who I didnt meet til the second day. AND i was as suggested earlier 20 km out of town with no transport except an unpredictable bus service.

Always being one to make the most of every situation, I had a swim and some late lunch then agreed to go squid fishing with the hotel owner. Had a great laugh, got a few ok pics. I got 3 squid, but one got me...

Anyway the next day I met Stewart (the abovementioned 3rd guest) and he tured out to be really cool. Seems he was/is the brother in law and drummer for Donavon (not jason and for those of you who like me arent sure who he is - think mellow yellow). So he offered me a lift into town, which I accepted. I then discovered that he wasnt driving, but was going on a motor bike. So at the ipe old age of 23 I climbed on a motorbike for the first time -which in thailand is a bit of an experience - but one I've since repeated twice already... Now to go back to the Ko Sahn Road and get me a liscence from that guy. if I buy his physics degrees too I might get a discount.

No comments:

Post a Comment