Monday 26 October 2009

Vientiane 2

So due to a combination of having waited an hour and half for photos to upload only to be told at the last photo - "Upload error please try again" and suffering from hunger pangs you wouldn't believe I decided that the best course of action was to leave the Internet shop and go get a sandwich rather than breaking down in angry tears.

The points I missed for Vientiane are the fact that I missed the greatest shot I could have taken with the camera, by virtue of not speaking enough Laos (or the monk enough English) to establish if it was OK for me to take a picture of the monk using his camera phone to take a picture of Buddha at the old temple in the middle of town.

The second thing that I neglected to mention was the Lao Revolutionary museum which gave an interesting (if a little jingoistic) view on the war with America. They spent a lot of time talking about the puppets and stooges of the US war masters. From what I've heard there's more of this to come in Vietnam, but it does make a difference from the usual US bias in media and film.

No comments:

Post a Comment