Wednesday 30 September 2009

Train in Vain 2

TUESDAY SEPTEMBER 30th

9 am - So I'm currently in bed in a random Thai person's spare room.

I ended up here through an interesting set of circumstances. At about six o'clock a second white person got on my carriage, we talked for a while and we decided he'd come to my hostel and see if there were any spare rooms. We got off the train in Chumpon to be greeted by the usual hotel hawkers. They were offering a fery deal to the island of ko tao at 550B (11 quid and a fair price) and a/c rooms for 350B (7 quid- not bad either) and a free transfer to the ferry the next day.

They also told me my hostel was 20km away but the driver would take me for 300B (six quid - not great when i was paying 200B (4 quid) a night). I phoned my hostel to find out that the manager/driver was in Burma on a visa run and couldn't come to get me and that a taxi would normally be 400B. Then after a background discussion they said they could put me up in town and get me on the way home tomorrow. I arrived about half eleven and was taken to what seemed to be an irregularly used spare room. It was nice enough although I did wake up to find I'd been sharing my bed with an ant or two -I don't mind as long as one of them wasnt the same bastard who bit me in the toilet last night. Although my suspicions for that fall on the giant spider I saw on another trip.

My lift comes at 11...

No comments:

Post a Comment